(1 position available)
This position is responsible for designing roof and floor truss systems using MiTek software. The core responsibilities of the Truss Designer Position are to ensure that truss designs are accurately input based on customer plans while optimizing the designs to save on material and labor and conforming to code and company standards. This position requires an individual with general construction knowledge, attention to detail and a minimum of 2-years experience using a computerized engineering program.
Reports to: This position reports to the Design/ Engineer Manager.
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 7:00am-5:00pm with a 1-hour lunch
Essential Functions of the Job: (Include but not limited to the following)
- Provides the designs on all assigned jobs in a timely manner and according to the plan and quote specifications.
- Takes initiative to solve design/ engineering problems through efficient troubleshooting, effective plan reading, and by communicating any issues and/or concerns to the appropriate people while documenting the solution/s.
- Ensures economical and proper use of materials according to current inventory levels and material costs.
- Ensures efficient production according to plant capabilities through proper design and adequate notation.
- Maintains detailed records and reports of related information on a job-to-job basis.
- Consistently demonstrates an effort to maintain an efficient and organized working environment.
- Provides efficient, accurate and economical resolutions to customer complaints.
- Minimizes operating expenses through proficient drafting procedures.
- Effectively communicates with other team members as necessary (Design Manager, design colleagues, salespeople, manufacturing and shipping personnel, etc.).
- Assist in training and development of other designers as required.
- Meets with job site supervisors to resolve design/ engineering issues as they arise, may be required to travel to job sites on occasion
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance in accordance with work schedule
The functions listed above are not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Minimum of 2-year technical degree or applicable experience.
- Minimum 2 years experience designing optimized projects utilizing Mitek and/or other design related software.
- General knowledge of construction industry.
- Basic CAD and drafting knowledge.
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals.
- Ability to anticipate problems and resolve them before they become problems for our customer.
- Strong math skills, ability to calculate tributary loads, concentrated loads and load transfer throughout building.
- Knowledge of current local codes associated with truss design (TPI)
- Ability to effectively communicate with architects, engineers, customers and team members both orally and in writing.
- Fluid in mathematic calculations as they pertain to financial statements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of management/ advisors.
- Dependability; reliable mode of transportation
Work will be completed in an office environment with occasional job site meetings.
This is an exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
-Weekly Pay Periods
-Paid Personal Time (PPT)
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply in person at:
Select Trusses & Lumber
975 Industrial Dr.
West Salem, WI 54669
Or visit our website at selecttrusses.com & apply online