Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. is looking add to our growing company and has immediate openings on both 1st and 2nd Shift. Over the past 35 years, Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. has developed relationships with lumberyards and contractors in the Midwest and has built a reputation as one of the areas leading roof and floor truss manufacturers. At Select Trusses, we believe there is a direct relationship between the success of our company and the competency and work ethic of our employees. We remain committed to providing our employees with fair compensation, generous benefits, and most importantly; an environment and culture that they feel proud to be a part of.
Team Assemblers/ laborers and builders will enjoy the benefits of having a consistent work schedule while still being able to do what they enjoy…… “building stuff”. Join the Select Team by applying today!
First Shift: 5:30 am- 3:00 pm (Depending on overtime schedule)
Second Shift: 3:00 pm- 12:30am (Depending on overtime schedule)
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
- $1,000 Sign-on bonus
- Paid-Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Vacation
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Section 125
- 401K/ ROTH
- Paid Holidays
- Safety Incentive
- Referral/ Recruitment Bonus
- Company Sponsored EAP
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Overtime after 40 hours/week
Essential Functions of the Job:( Include but not limited to the following)
- Reads shop paperwork and sets up materials accordingly.
- Identifies any defects in materials prior to assembly.
- Lifts/Positions pre-cut lumber on gantry tables.
- Tacks metal gusset plates to truss joints using smooth-faced hammer.
- Operates roof glider roller machine to fasten gusset plates to assembled trusses.
- Lifts/pushes trusses from gantry and place onto conveyor rolling system.
- Communicates with team members effectively.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Complies with Company’s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable
- Adheres to OSHA requirements and company policies/procedures to ensure safety at all times.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma/ GED preferred
- Strong work ethic; ability to work quickly and methodically
- Dependability; reliable mode of transportation
- Ability to follow directions and retain information
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Basic math skills
- Construction/Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to use a tape-measure
- Prior use of hammer is preferred
- Knowledge of basic power tools
Please feel free to contact Joe at 608-960-4504 for additional information