The position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment. The primary function of this position is to perform preventative and emergency maintenance on production and facility equipment to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives. This position requires extensive knowledge of electrical components as well as electrical safety codes and regulations. Candidates must be professional, technical, and mechanically proficient.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm (When production is working 8-hour days)
Monday-Friday 2:00pm-10:30pm (When production is working 9-hour days)
Hourly wage + $1.50 shift differential with performance reviews after 60-days and 1-year
Essential Functions of the Job: (Include but not limited to the following)
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the production/ facility equipment.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment in a timely manner.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Install, maintain and repair electrical controls and wiring.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices such as multi-meters, voltage testers & amp-meters.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Troubleshoot and repair motors, mechanical circuits, and all mechanical and electrical systems.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Places purchase orders for repair parts as needed.
- Maintains a schedule of when maintenance has been performed and when next service is due.
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes/ reports unsafe work conditions.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to the facility manager.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance in accordance with company attendance policy.
- Comply with safety regulations and lockout/tagout procedure.
- Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of a 2-year degree in a related field, or minimum of 2-years of experience in a related position is preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Strong work ethic; ability to work quickly and methodically
- Dependability; reliable mode of transportation
- Ability to follow directions and retain information
- Prior maintenance experience is preferred
- Ability to work in a safety conscious environment
- Ability to self-motivate and carry out daily tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work with others and communicate in a team setting
- Ability to operate a variety hand tools/ industrial equipment
The physical demands described here representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Ability to work on foot for 8 – 10 hour shifts
- Capable of lifting 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 80 pounds on occasion
- Ability to perform tasks involving bending, lifting, standing and kneeling.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Weekly Pay Periods
- Paid-Personal (PPT)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Overtime after 8 hours/day
- Company Issued Cell Phone
- Section 125
or apply in person at:
Select Trusses & Lumber Inc.
975 Industrial Dr., West Salem, WI 54669
Select Trusses & Lumber, Inc. is proudly an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer