(1 position available)
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to research, engage, and follow-up with potential, existing, and past customers. This position is responsible for generating interest from potential lumber yards/ customers by means of networking, cold calling, advertising and other marketing campaigns. The Business Development Representative is also responsible for growing and retaining existing/ past accounts by presenting new ideas/processes to better serve our customers.
Essential Functions of the Job: (Include but not limited to the following)
- Identify and develop relationships with potential customers to generate new business opportunities.
- Perform market research and analysis to target specific segments in that market that are profitable and have opportunities for growth.
- Setting up appointments and “cold-calling” potential customers to generate new leads.
- Attend networking events/ conferences and builder shows.
- Creates/ Maintains trade show displays and other marketing materials.
- Plans/ Generates “off-season work” in accordance with established sales budget to generate volume.
- Initiate contact and set up meetings with past customers.
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Monitor competitor developments.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with customers.
- Develop growth strategies and action plans for achieving the sales goals.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Background in Marketing/ Sales
- Knowledge of the construction industry is preferred (not required)
- Innovation- the ability to think outside-of-the-box
- Goal-oriented, team player
- Organizational Skills
- Proficient in verbal and written communication
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Technical Capacity with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, & Outlook)
- Aptitude for negotiation and persuasion
- A good driving record with a valid driver’s license
Base Salary + Highly Compensated Commission Incentive + Company Profit Sharing
This position is required to travel within a 200-mile radius of West Salem, WI with an average of 2-3 overnight accommodations per week.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which will require the ability to lift files (20 lbs.), open filing cabinets, bend, stand or kneel as necessary. This position also requires regular use of a company vehicle which involves the ability to safely operate the vehicle for 8-10 hours.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is required to travel within a 200 mile radius of West Salem, WI with an average of 2-3 overnight accommodations per week.
This is a non-exempt, full-time position with benefits including:
-Weekly Pay Periods
-Paid Personal Time (PPT)
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply in person at:
Select Trusses & Lumber
975 Industrial Dr.
West Salem, WI 54669
Or visit our website at selecttrusses.com & apply online